Friday, November 15, 2013

Sunday Drive to D.C.

My mom was recently in Washington, D.C. visiting my sister Tiffani. I talked to Mom on Sunday morning and she said that she felt bad not seeing us while on the East Coast. She jokingly invited us down for Sunday dinner knowing that we probably wouldn't want to make the six hour drive on such late notice. However, Kyle took one look at our sparse pantry and said, ‘Let’s go!’

We set out at 3:00 in the afternoon and after six hours in the car and $40 in tolls, we made it to Bethesda just in time for my brother-in-law John’s homemade pumpkin pie. Tasting that made up for every minute in the car. We played a round of Catch Phrase, laughed our heads off, and then went to bed.

The next morning, John needed to work and Tiff needed to write her dissertation, so Mom, Kyle and I took my niece Violet to the National Zoo. We rode the metro, walked around the free park for a couple of hours, and then snagged a delicious lunch at Woodley Cafe...perfect day!

On the metro!


National Zoo
Violet LOVED the monkeys...
...because she is one herself!




No comments:

Post a Comment